Saturday, June 20, 2009

Inspiration: Iris Bodemer







You may have noticed that I have a thing for brooches aaaaand a thing for mixed media...? Well, no surprises that the jewellery of Iris Bodemer has me doing a jig and bookmarking like crazy :) Her pieces are compositions of the most magical kind – graphic, humourous and audacious. I love her combinations of drawing and jewellery, sometimes balancing but at others fighting, all achieving the same distinct effect of different ways of seeing. What I mean is, she makes me see jewellery differently; her work makes me think about collage in new ways too. So inspirational!

Her work can be found here or here. Someone has a Flickr set of some pieces here. And I originally found her via the lovely 2 or 3 things here.

2 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Thank you for sharing this- I also find her work very inspiring- I love your work too- and your artistic curiosity- its like a thirst isn't it?

Kylie said...

You are so right! It makes me feel guilty, though, because household jobs don't get done - I get so focussed! The girls love it, though - they know whenever I'm working they can ask me for anything and I'll say yes! ;) K