Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Finds: a bedspread + a blog


I found this amazing 70s cotton bedspread on the street this week. Actually, I couldn't believe my luck and felt sure that someone was going to rouse on me the minute I picked it up ;) I mean, who would throw out such a treasure? Anyway, there were no shouts... no rousing... So, I've washed it and let it dry in the sun and I've had it draped over the sofa on my back deck, admiring it while cooking up plans of what I could do with it...


Then I discovered this gorgeous blog, Loz and Dinny... have you come across this treasure yet? Well, the lovely Gemma has a different kind of giveaway going on at the moment... She has been given a roll of retro trimming and she's decided to distribute pieces to anyone keen on joining her project. You make something, using her trimming and then she judges her favourite at the end of September...


So.... you know what I'm thinking, don't you? Gorgeous 70s fabric from bedspread + gorgeous retro trimming = 3 Sheets winning entry... (hopefully!) Pop over to Loz and Dinny if you'd like to make something with this lovely trim. Don't you just love Gemma's banner photo of those two lovely ladies in their frocks? :)


18 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

Oh wow, a fabulous find! Off to check out the intriguing blog...

amy said...

the same thing happened to me a few nights ago. i was out walking and i saw two really cool chairs on the sidewalk/driveway and i thought... potential! so after much nagging i convinced j to carry one and i carried the other, about 1km home! so worth it. BUT i had to lift some blankets/material off the couch before i grabbed them... maybe, just maybe...? :)

Clair said...

Ooh, that trim is lovely. You have a nose for loveliness and I'm sure you have a lovely nose as well :)

Christina Lowry said...

The blanket was a great find and is a perfect match for the trim! What are you going to make? :)

Kylie said...

I'm thinking of making a gorgeous frock in honour of those two lovely-frocked ladies... what do you think?! :) K

Tania said...

I read all about your plotting when I was over at Gemma's last night. You have a winner of a notion there - the main ingredient looks EVEN better than I imagined!

elk said...

good luck...i would say luck is yours for finding the bedspread...i have visions of birds...

Tammy said...

Ohh that is a find and the trim looks lovely with it!

Evie said...

what a great find! and the trim is a perfect match...i wonder what you are going to make : )

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

ooo - Kylie - looking good! I love that bedspread!! Thanks for the little link! The two ladies are my Mum (Loz) and Nan (Dinny) in 1960. My Mum is 15 and has just finished the two dresses they are modelling for the photo - nice, huh? Will get your trim in the mail on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kylie, that trim has your name on it! :-) What a great find and will look perfect with a final touch.

Jenaveve said...

Cool find!! Well, good luck, I hope you have the winning entry.

Trish Goodfield said...

That trim is so meant for you beadspread.

willywagtail said...

Hey that's not fair. ;)) But what a great combination. What luck to find that gorgeous bedspread. I think it is a win - win giveaway because we all get trim. Cherrie

Alisa said...

Wow, look at those colours. No one was short on mustard or olive in the 70's, that's for sure... Can't wait to see the results.

Unknown said...

what a great find. i was just telling someone i am not taking anything home i'll find on my way home. 5 minutes later i'll find myself with a chair + 2 little benches making my way home. thank god i didn't have far to go. x

tea with lucy said...

What a find. I love treasure off the streets ...and what a perfect match with the trim!

cold said...

Great find...the bedspread and the blog for retro trimming...it is a great idea indeed.You are lucky that you can join it.