Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fashion whimsy




Something about these retro-inspired frocks from Prada Autumn 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection is just what my soul needs right now. I think it's the combination of 1950s sexy librarian and biker chic that is calling to me... that we can be more than one category and play with how we present ourselves through fashion. I've decided that I absolutely have to grow my hair and sport a supremely stylish beehive 'do' at some time in the future ;) Tomorrow I'm pulling out my red tights and red suede boots to wear to work with my own custom made frock.... I feel like scaring the locals ;) Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Love the hives!
And those tights are amazing too!

june at noon said...

I particularly like the tights. I am not, though, brave enough to scare the locals. Good for you!

blue moss said...

what great looks....love the tights....
would love to see your look :)

Tania said...

Yay to scaring the locals! THEY'RE GOING TO LOVE IT!

Kate Kelleher said...

Scaring the locals is always good, I am right behind you! I await the bee hive, it sounds fun!

Cindy said...

Gee I wish I could pull something like this off! I love it. Go get 'em K. x

elk said...

it is a feeling of freedom and creativity..go for it friend!!

Ingrid Mida said...

Sexy librarian and biker chick - I'm with you Kylie!! Love that look!

inaluxe said...

Hi Kylie! these dresses are sooo good, it almost hurts! I hope you did wear your tights, and boots - sounds fabulous! and the locals need a wake up every so often anyway don't they? he he xo

annamaria potamiti said...

I had a good laugh Kylie- you scaring the locals...!You are too funny and I would have loved to have seen this outfit of yours!!!!

Annamaria xxx

Clair said...

Love those tights!