Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inspiration: Isabelle Bonte







I've recently started a silversmith course and so I'm finding my attention is captured more and more by artists who utilise metals in interesting ways. The whimsical fine constructions of Isabelle Bonte are a real treat for the way she approaches her work but also for her inspirational application of paper to this process. Visit her website to see more of her fabulous work and (with the help of the translating facility) read some of her poetic artist statements. Just to share one of these:

Understanding of space
Always light the paper between the lines
Design of volumes and surfaces. The light and dark.
Light is vital, the line helps to define it.
A question of pace.
Do not say everything, create the key, and suggest the rest.

They really do add poignancy to her pieces, don't you think? I love it. Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

9 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

This is outstanding work, Kylie! Really a feast for the eye and soul. Goodluck on your course & happy weekend! :)

Miss Milla's said...

Good luck with the course and well done for expanding your skill set. Will look forward to seeing how you go.
You might just inspire some of us to think outside that box and try something new.

Unknown said...

just beautiful kylie... and- how exciting a silversmith course, would love to hear more. again time has passed just like that, but still would love to catch up. will email orso to set a date. ps. fk was great!

chiara said...

very, very beautiful!!

Ingrid Mida said...

Reminds me a little bit of Alexander Calder's wire sculptures. I love the whimsy and charm of Isabelle's work. Please do tell more about your silversmithing course. It sounds like an exciting challenge!

Jordan said...

wow, those pieces are gorgeous. I love how they look so effortless, almost like drawings. Thanks for sharing!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

what stunning pieces, Kylie and can't wait to see what beauty you create after your course ;-) x

ELK said...

the artistic lines are really something Kylie BUT the quote is what I take with me today....

Kickcan & Conkers said...

This work is beautiful Kylie, I love "honesty" and that second to last piece is gorgeous!
I've finally managed to post my 7 things, remember?
http://kickcanandconkers.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-turn.html