Monday, July 5, 2010

Photography: Franck Juery







I am so excited by this wonderful find - the work of Frank Juery has fired my imagination. There's something innocent and unaffected about his photography which connects straight to all of my hazy childhood memories. He uses a combination of Polaroid and toy cameras to achieve this effect of part retro narrative and part childhood nostalgia. It reminds me of the wonderful creations by this fabulous blogger. So fresh and full of adventure, don't you think? Have a peek at his website to see more of Juery's fantasmagorical worlds.

15 comments:

Bec said...

These are stunning images. I love the washed out, nostalgia.

Anna Bartlett said...

Great photos Kylie - I've shown my boys so maybe they'll be inspired to do something like this on the holidays...

Kickcan & Conkers said...

wow - love these kylie, thanks!

Marleen said...

Love the photo's, thanx for sharing !

nevin said...

Absolutely beautiful.. XXX

Christina Lowry said...

All these images are just so evocative. Love the retro narrative and childhood nostalgia combination. The third image is just priceless and the narratives in the still life images are so clever.

Cindy said...

Love that first pic!

Ingrid Mida said...

Hi Kylie,
Whenever I need a dose of inspiration, I come to visit your blogs. I am never disappointed. Thanks for finding all these talented artists Kylie!

mieke willems said...

wonderful! remind me a bit of renilde's!
did you change the look of your blog a bit? looks very nice!

at swim-two-birds said...

wow, love these!!!

at swim-two-birds said...

oh, it is me!!

Fiona Bailey Designs said...

What a great find.. I'm loving the effect.
Great inspiration. x

ELK said...

like a painter with a camera ..WOW!

inaluxe said...

love his work so much too... :) something about it that's so distinctive to me. :)

Clementine said...

Wonderful images :)